Sony India today announced at the Xperia Z launch event that it will be releasing its Xperia Tablet Z in the country in May 2013. Company did not reveal the pricing at the moment, which will be revealed closer to the launch.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z was originally released in Japan in January; however company announced the global roll-out plans at MWC last month. The tablet features 10.1-inch 1920x1200p high-res display, 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 8.1MP rear camera, Android 4.1, NFC, and 6,000mAh battery. Xperia Tablet Z also comes with S-Force Front Surround 3D, and 2GB RAM. The tablet is also Dust/water resistant and packs a durable glass display.
To remind you, Sony India today announced the launch of Xperia Z and ZL smartphones in India. Xperia Z has been priced at INR 38,990 and will be available beginning March 12.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z key features
- 8.1 megapixels rear camera, 2.2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 172 x 266 x 6.9 mm, weighs 495 grams
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M quad-core processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- 10.1 inches TFT display with 1920×1200 pixels resolution
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Glonass, GPS, HDMI via MHL support