As we reported earlier, Asus has announced the launch of Fonepad in the Indian market today. This voice-calling Android tablet will be sold for INR 15,999 and go on sale beginning April 30. Asus Fonepad joins the company’s already available Android tablets Nexus 7 and Memo Pad in the country.
Fonepad is the first Asus Android tablet to come with Intel Atom processor on-board. The tablet sports a 7-inch 1280x800p resolution IPS display and is powered by 1.2GHz single-core Intel Atom Z2420 processor. Asus Fonepad runs on Android 4.1, however the company has promised to provide Android 4.2 update for the tablet in the coming weeks.
The tablet also features 3G, voice-calling support, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. On the imaging front, Asus has included a 3-megapixel rear camera and 1.2-megapixel front shooter. You can check out the detailed list of the specifications later in the post.
At this pricing, Asus Fonepad will be competing with Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 310 in the country.
Asus Fonepad specifications
- Android 4.1
- Display: 7-inch LED Backlight WXGA (1280×800) IPS Panel
- 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2420 processor
- 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB, 5GB Life Time ASUS Webstorage Space
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth V3.0
- Camera: 1.2 MP Front Camera, 3 MP Rear Camera
- Sensor: GPS & Glonass,G-Sensor, E-compass, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor
- Applications: Asus Launcher, MyLibrary, File Manager, SuperNote Lite, App Backup, App Locker
- Colours: Titanium Gray / Champagne Gold
- Dimensions: 196.4 x 120.1 x 10.4 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 340 g
“Users now want a better screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities and this is playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles. By incorporating 3G mobile data connectivity with full telephony support, we have made the ASUS Fonepad™ the perfect combination of a tablet and phone in one single device at an affordable price,”said Peter Chang, Regional Director – South Asia & Country Manager, System Business Group, ASUS India, in a statement.