Asus FonePad was originally announced at Mobile World Congress in February and is powered by Intel Atom processor. This will be the second tablet from Asus to come with 3G support after the recently released Asus-made Nexus 7 3G tablet.
Asus FonePad runs on Android 4.1 and comes with a 7-inch display. The tablet packs 3G connectivity and support voice-calling via GSM networks. Asus has pre-loaded several apps on the Fonepad like Floating App for easy management of running apps and simpler multi-tasking; SuperNote lite for handwritten notes and drawing; and WebStorage Office Online for Microsoft Office-compatible document editing on the move.
Asus FonePad key features
- 7-inch IPS display with1280x800p resolution
- 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z2420 processor
- Android 4.1
- 3MP rear camera
- 1.2MP front camera
- 1GB RAM
- 8/16 GB internal memory
- MicroSD card slot
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 4270 mAh battery
- SonicMaster audio technology
- Dual microphones for noise cancellation and echo suppression
- To be sold in Titanium gray and Champagne gold colours