In the last couple of the days, it has become more than clear that Facebook is indeed going to launch a home-screen replacement app called Facebook Home on Thursday (April 4, 2013) and not a full Facebook phone. The company however will also be showcasing the first smartphone that will be packing Facebook Home on-board at the event – HTC Myst.
The name of the smartphone is nothing new, we have been hearing about it for the last many weeks. Leaks from both EVLeaks and known HTC insider LlabTooFeR have already revealed various details about the phone.
Now, folks at
- Specs of HTC Myst: Qualcomm MSM8960 (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, 4.3 inch @ 720p resolution, Android 4.1.2, Sense 4.5, 5MP rear camera, 1.6MP front camera, No SD Card, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi a/b/g/n.
- As per the permissions need to run this app, the Facebook Home might also see a Google Play release, but that is yet to be authenticated.
- Facebook Home runs on conjugation of official Facebook Android app
- Is unlikely to replace Google Search from the HTC Myst
- Something called “Chat Heads” will also be included – According to AP, these are some kind of floating windows, which reminds me that we saw something similar in the past – in an alleged screenshot from HTC Myst ( inserted below).
- HTC Myst is more or less a typical HTC Sense 4.5 running phone with Sense UI’s home-screen launcher replaced by Facebook Home.
Here is a look at some of the screenshots that the guys at AP were able to extract from the dump.