HTC along with Facebook unveiled its first phone to come with Facebook’s newly announced ‘Home’ user interface later yesterday. It is dubbed as HTC First, we have already talked in detail about it in our announcement report, but lot more information has appeared since, so here is a round-up of where else we can expect to see HTC First, apart from AT&T and what will be its off-contract pricing in the United States.
The HTC First will be sold exclusively sold by EE in the UK, while Orange will be offering it in France. There is no word on exact pricing or availability dates till now about both the country, but if you want, you can register you interest at the telecom operators’ Facebook pages.
AT&T has revealed that apart from $99.99 on-contract pricing, it will also be selling the phone off-contract at $450 if anyone wants.
Here is a look at the full specifications of HTC First:
- Dimensions: 4.96 x 2.56 x 0.35 inches | Weight: 4.37 ounces
- Battery: 2000 mAh (non-removable)
- Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE*
- Frequency: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; UMTS: 850/1900/2100MHz; LTE*: Bands 4 and 17
- Operating System: Facebook Home; Android™ 4.1
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core; Qualcomm MSM8930AA chipset (Snapdragon 400)
- Memory: Up to 16GB; up to 1GB RAM
- Display: 4.3-inch HD 720p touchscreen (1280 x 720 pixels; 16 million colors)
- Near Field Communication (NFC): Open
- Colors: Black, White, Red, or Pale Blue
- 5.0 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and 4x zoom
- 1.6 MP front-facing camera
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz
- Ports: 3.5mm, micro USB
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, 3-axis Accelerometer/Gyro/Compass