The phone will available in AT&T stores as well as their website.
Coming to the smartphone, HTC First runs on stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Facebook Home on-top. The phone is powered by 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 dual-core processor. In addition, the HTC First comes with 5MP rear camera and 1.6MP front camera.
Other features of the phone include 4.3-inch 720p HD display, and 1GB RAM.
“HTC has a track record of providing beautiful hardware design, and of being first-to-market with smartphone innovations. The HTC First continues that track record, providing AT&T customers with a unique home experience that puts a user’s friends and family at the center of their mobile experience, ” Peter Chou, CEO, HTC Corporation noted in the announcement press release.
Here is a look at the full specifications of HTC First:
- Dimensions: 4.96 x 2.56 x 0.35 inches | Weight: 4.37 ounces
- Battery: 2000 mAh (non-removable)
- Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE*
- Operating System: Facebook Home; Android™ 4.1
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core; Qualcomm MSM8930AA chipset (Snapdragon 400)
- Memory: Up to 16GB; up to 1GB RAM
- Display: 4.3-inch HD 720p touchscreen (1280 x 720 pixels; 16 million colors)
- Near Field Communication (NFC): Open
- Colors: Black, White, Red, or Pale Blue
- 5.0 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and 4x zoom
- 1.6 MP front-facing camera
- Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz
- Ports: 3.5mm, micro USB
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, 3-axis Accelerometer/Gyro/Compass
The phone is also scheduled to be released in UK and France in the coming weeks, but there is no exact launch date known right now. As far as other regions are concerned, we are pretty much in dark.