Samsung India today took the wraps of
The company has unveiled the Exynos 5 Octa powered variant in the country, making India, one of the few markets to get this octa-core version of Galaxy S4. Other markets like United States will be getting Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor powered-variant.
Samsung Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display. Other features of the phone include 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM and microSD card support up to 64GB.
The Korean manufacturer has also included a 13-megapixel camera with LED flash and 2-megapixel front-facing shooter with full HD recording support.
Apart from all the heavy-duty stuff inside, Samsung has also provided a feature-rich software experience on the Galaxy S4. The phone runs on Android 4.2.2, which is the latest version of Android, along with the latest version TouchWiz user interface.
The company has included features like Smart Scroll, Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View, S Travel, S Voice Drive, S Health and much more on the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S4 will go on sale starting Saturday, April 27. It will be first be available from 12 noon to 4PM at Samsung e-store and Samsung premium brand stores in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The phone will go on sale in other major cities and retail stores post 4PM.
The company has also revealed that it will be offering some surprise gifts to the buyers during the 12-4PM period. Similar to other high-end Samsung phone, Galaxy S4 will also be sold with the EMI offer.
Data and Voice Offers:
Samsung has partnered with Vodafone to provide data and voice offers with every purchase of Galaxy S 4. Vodafone will be providing a special ‘all-in-one’ tariff plan for pre-paid and post-paid Galaxy S4 customers. In this plan, customers will get unlimited Internet (with FUP), up to 3000 local and STD voice minutes and up to 750 local and national SMS.
Samsung is also providing INR 12,000 worth content free with the smartphone, similar to Galaxy Grand. The content will most probably be available via Myservices, but we are trying to get a confirmation and will add more soon.
Samsung Galaxy S4 full specifications
- HSPA+ 42Mbps support
- Display: 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13-megapixel auto focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- 2-megapixel front camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call
- Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, 360 Photo, Cinema Photo, Eraser, Night, Best Photo, Best Face
- Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports
- Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games
- Story Album, S Translator, Optical Reader
- Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View,
- Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling)
- Samsung WatchON
- S Travel (TripAdvisor), S Voice Drive, S Health
- Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound
- Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)
- Safety Assistance, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring
- Samsung KNOX (B2B only)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS , NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
- Sensor: Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture
- Memory: 16GB, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 2GB of RAM
- Dimension: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
- Battery: 2,600 mAh
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 first smartphone to come with HEVC (H.265) support
- Samsung Galaxy S4 review round-up
- Samsung details the nine sensors present in Galaxy S 4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z
- Samsung Galaxy S4 packs HP’s wireless printing solution