Acer is all set to launch its first All-in-One PC that will solely run on Android, reports CNET. Dubbed as Acer Smart Display DA220HQL AiO, this PC will be powered by Intel’s latest Haswell processor and priced around $400.
The All-in-One has already appeared on select online retail stores in the US but the official launch will be happening next week as we stated earlier.
To remind you, Acer Smart Display was first showcased at Mobile World Congress in February this year, but not many details were present at that time. Also, the unit was running on a TI chip at the moment, which has now been replaced by Intel processor.
According to CNET, Acer is one of the many companies that will be introducing such Android-powered personal computers in the coming months. Being Android run, these PCs don’t need too much RAM or processing power or OS licence fee, so they can be priced cheaper.
Acer Smart Display DA220HQL AiO specifications
- 21.5-inch display, 250-nit, 1080p panel
- 3GHz Intel Core i5 4430 “Haswell” processor
- Android (probably 4.2)
- 1GB of DDR3 RAM
- 8GB of on-board storage (there might be other variants with more storage)
- Ethernet jack, a microSD slot, 1.2MP front-facing camera
- Three USB ports, micro-HDMI port