Google is rolling out the first software update for Glass Explorer Edition, which is currently in the hands of select developers. The update is quite significant and adds a host of features to this wearable computing device.
As per a change-log posted by folks at Phandroid, the Glass users can expect to see the following new features and tweaks on their device.
- Change to sync policy: require power + wifi for background uploads
- Crash reporting
- Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
- Incoming Hangout notifications
- Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
- Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
- International number dialing + SMS
- Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
- New On-Head Detection calibration flow
- Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
- More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
- New recipient-list mosaic
Google is expected to push many such software updates for Glass to make it more retail friendly based on the feedback gathered from the early users.