HTC One India release delayed, to become available around May 20 (Update)

– Read Update below –

Waiting for HTC One in India, well we are too, but it is still some time away. HTC had earlier announced that HTC One will become available in the country HTC One India Release

New information regarding HTC One availability suggests that India release of the phone has been delayed. If the HTC One listing on Saholic is to be believed, the phone will become available on May 7, 2013.

Seems like, despite the recent reports of HTC getting hold of the supply situation; the company is still struggling to get the required stocks. With the HTC One’s recent release in high-profile markets like US, the company is unable to get the inventory for a market like India, which is clearly not a priority for it right now.

With Galaxy S4 already available in India and massive marketing muscle of Samsung behind it, HTC has already lost half the game. Not only has Samsung priced Galaxy S4 more attractively, it has also made it available within 24 hours of the official launch. On the other hand, HTC One was announced in the country almost three weeks ago for INR 42,900 and the phone is still nowhere to be seen.

Update: Today is May 7th and HTC One is still not available in India and Saholic has also updated their listing, which now suggests arrival on May 15 (but we are not sure about Saholic anymore as they were wrong the first time).  Reports from brick and mortar retailers however indicate that HTC One might become available around May 20.

25 thoughts on “HTC One India release delayed, to become available around May 20 (Update)

Nikhilesh

(May 14, 2013 - 11:55 am)

I agree with Abhishek, HTC one is marvelous phone and excellent example of High End Industrial Design. Being an Industrial Product Designer I was fanboy of Apple’s Quality of design till I saw HTC one. HTC one is worth to wait for!

Alan

(May 13, 2013 - 10:03 am)

Guys i had used the Htc One!!! Its an awesome device, better than the S4 any day. Man you guys will love it when it launches. wait for it GUYS!!

Amit

(May 11, 2013 - 10:25 pm)

@Uday: I’ll get the new HTC One!

Uday

(May 17, 2013 - 2:54 am)

Me tooo!!!!…

sam

(May 10, 2013 - 10:10 am)

HTC has to decide on its preference INDIA , ASIA or USA AND EUROPE
    time has change INDIA or china ARE big market cant ignore it
    samsung nokia sony release imp of asia

bitlebron

(May 7, 2013 - 9:25 pm)

There’s no need for HTC to launch the One anymore here in india, too much delay… i mean i waited like forever for the one, i even order it from clove uk, they also couldn’t deliver the product ” they said they are receiving limited quantities and my order has been back-logged” i was suppose to receive my order at least in 14days but it turned to 21days and jus when i tot ma phone was about to be shipped, they were asking me to wait for more 1-2week.. And this is in the UK.. I just couldn’t take it anymore so i asked for a refund, and i got it within 7days..
    No i own a Galaxy s4 (I’m in samsung’s band wagon) — to tell u the truth galaxy s4 is an awsome phone though its plastic it doesn’t feel chip.. i like it.. i mean i love it.. ain’t waitin’ for HTC no more..

Malav karia

(May 7, 2013 - 9:22 pm)

Saholic is never right about the official release date. In fact they did the same thing with Nexus 4. It’s not a trustworthy source so if I were you wouldn’t confirm the date unless I go the information from HTC themselves.

harminder s

(May 7, 2013 - 8:33 pm)

Still waiting ….its true it will come to my hands on 20th may.
    in U.S its selling like hot cakes

Ayush

(May 4, 2013 - 10:25 am)

Abhishek, he’s definitely talking to the right people…as a geek, you can wait but the rest won’t and don’t care…again, samsung’s marketing and advertising dollars are being well spent…most people here,even in a place like mumbai, don’t know about the HTC One…the s4, barring the bhajiwaalas and the jamaadars, is recognized by all and sundry!

Jey

(May 1, 2013 - 8:36 pm)

In fact HTC is not able to meet the demand in the US itself. I am one of the fortunates to get the phone (HTC One, unlocked version) ordered through my friend in the US.

The plastic phone’s hype in india is just blowing out of proportion. Yes. HTC is the cause. Their delay is opponent’s gain.

anoop ashok

(May 4, 2013 - 8:27 am)

Does the unlocked HTC ONE (us version) work in india?

Jey

(May 10, 2013 - 11:31 am)

I am yet to get the phone. The phone I ordered supports “GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz”. Airtel in India operates on GSM 900/1800. Hence it should work.

Alan

(May 13, 2013 - 9:59 am)

Yup it will work. I had imported an att version of the HTC one and unlocked it. It worked like a charm.

aditi

(April 29, 2013 - 1:35 pm)

No. HTC One’s release has been postponed to 3rd-4th week of May and the phone will be available by May end. I got a mail from HTC team stating the same.

Priyesh

(April 30, 2013 - 10:02 pm)

Hi Aditi,

can we talk!

Esky N

(May 1, 2013 - 11:28 pm)

Aditi are you sure HTC one will be available in india only from may end?

Arun

(April 29, 2013 - 1:19 pm)

I have waited so long for htc one,couldnt wait more simply for an aluminium unibody..I’m buying lenovo k900

Vinod K Balaji

(April 29, 2013 - 10:27 am)

HTC is HTC’s worst enemy…… Ignoring India is a marketing blunder. HTC 1 is a handsome looking phone which has all the potential to rule the market in 2013, but unfortunately, the ONE is placed in the wrong hands…… HTC’s financial statements are going to look real scary and pathetic in 2014 March. With this laid back attitude, this is a company going nowhere. Having waited all this long for the ONE, HTC created an enemy out of me with this attitude. My frustration was Samsung’s gain and I am now the owner of a plastic phone from Samsung, the S4. Samsung must be laughing their hearts out. As I said, it’s not Samsung or Apple, HTC is their worst competition(Read enemy)…….

Mangesh

(April 29, 2013 - 12:36 am)

Absolutely right, 100% agree with you. Htc already lost half the battle by delaying Htc one in india.
    Hen

Achal Shukla

(April 29, 2013 - 12:10 am)

I would definatly like to know more about HTC ONE about launching in India … please do some quick as well as detailed comparison(not video comparison) on HTC ONE and SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 … and yes keep us update too on it …
    thankyou … 🙂

Harsha

(April 28, 2013 - 9:37 pm)

The question is, why would anything on Saholic be believed given there history of random date generation?

Uday

(April 29, 2013 - 12:26 pm)

Still regardless of saholic, HTC was released 3 weeks ago and still it hasn’t reached stores. While s4 is already out plus its cheaper. I am pretty sure htc is gonna loose its market in india.

Ankit

(April 29, 2013 - 3:32 pm)

S4 is a 16gb version so it has to be cheaper dude..
        HTC one is 32 gb version. Compare it with iphone5 32gb version then you will realize how humble they have priced it!!!

Uday

(May 3, 2013 - 1:57 pm)

It still hasnt hit the stores! Whos gonna buy it after people have already bought the s4.. Moreover samsung galaxy series have pretty much captured the indian market. I only hear people talking about buying a new samsung phone. Nobody says “I’ll get the new HTC phone” ..

Abhishek

(May 3, 2013 - 5:47 pm)

Then you’re obviously talking to the wrong people.

I’ll wait, HTC.