HTC and Google
Various blogs like Android Central, Android Police and The Verge got hold of the answers for many of these questions from HTC America or Google’s Hugo Barra and we have compiled a quick list of all these answers for you. May be these will satisfy any and all of your HTC One with Nexus experience queries.
Which Android version is it running on and who will be providing future Android updates?
HTC One with NUE aka Nexus User Experience (we will referring to it as NUE for rest of the post) will come with Android 4.2.2 and Google will provide future Android updates.
How much is the internal storage?
32GB and there is no microSD card like the retail version
Will FM Radio, IR Blaster or Beats Audio work on HTC One with NUE?
No, No, and Yes. Beats Audio is hardware integrated but you can’t make any software tweaks. IR Blaster and FM radio won’t work.
Will the HTC One’s weird button configuration remain same in HTC One with NUE?
Yes, home button is still on the right and long press for Google Now and a double-tap for recent apps.
What about camera customisations and will stock app affect the quality?
There will be no camera customisations like Zoe in HTC One with NUE as it uses stock Android camera app. The Ultrapixel camera sensor is still present, so most probably you will get the same quality as HTC one retail version. Even Google’s Hugo Barra said – it’ll just “do what it does.”
What about other software customisations like Blinkfeed?
If you are really concerned about them, you are better off with retail version as HTC One with NUE will not have any of this and run pure Android.
What about availability, will it ever make it out of United States?
According to HTC, it will be available in the United States initially, but there are chances that it might be released outside US.
What about network and LTE compatibility?
Here is the list of support networks.
HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)
As you can see the device supports GSM networks, so no luck for CDMA users. You will also get to use LTE on T-Mobile and AT&T in the United States.
Will it be SIM-unlocked and bootloader unlocked?
Yes, HTC One with NE will be SIM-Unlocked. The bootloader however will be locked out of the box similar to other Nexus devices but you can very easily unlock it with a single command.
HTC One with Nexus User Experience full specifications
- Size: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 143g
- Display: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI
- 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor
- Stock Android 4.2.2
- microSIM card support
- Total on-board storage: 32GB
- RAM: 2 GB DDR2
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Digital compass, Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, Miracast wireless display standard, micro-USB 2.0
- Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Beats Audio
- HTC UltraPixel Camera with BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3′, F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR capability
- 2300 mAh battery