LG announced today at a press event in Macau that it will be launching its 5.5-inch
“LG’s Optimus G Pro sets a new benchmark in the over 5-inch display smartphone category which is catching on with consumers everywhere who aren’t interested in owning both a phone and a tablet,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
To remind you, LG Optimus G Pro comes with 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 3,140mAh battery and 2GB RAM. The phone also comes with 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD IPS display and Jelly Bean.
LG has revealed that Optimus G Pro also packs several software customizations apart from the massive hardware. Take a look at select key software features below:
- Dual Camera and Dual Recording: The Dual Camera and Dual Recording functions allow users to capture pictures or videos with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously.
- VR Panorama: The VR Panorama allows shots of entire horizontal and vertical environments for a full 360°view
- Pause and Resume Recording: The Pause and Resume Recording feature allows for the recording of short snippets of video which can then be viewed as one continuous file.
- Smart Video: Smart Video recognizes the position of the viewer’s eyes and automatically plays or stops the video without any manual input from the user.
According to LG, Optimus G Pro will be released in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Philippine, Vietnam and Malaysia as a part of current roll-out.
LG Optimus G Pro Key Specifications:
- 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Memory: 32GB / microSD (up to 64GB)
- Display: 5.5-inch True Full HD IPS Plus (1920 x 1080 pixels / 400ppi)
- Cameras: Rear 13.0MP with LED Flash / Front 2.1MP
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery: 3,140mAh (removable / wireless charging capable)
- Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm