As we had reported earlier, Panasonic today announced the launch of its first Android smartphone in the Indian market. Dubbed as Panasonic P51, the smartphone has been priced at INR 26,900. According to the company, it will be available beginning next week.
Panasonic P51 runs on Android 4.2, which is the latest Android version coupled with a 1.2GHz quad-core processor. The phone also packs 1GB of RAM and 8MP rear camera on-board. You can check out the full specifications later in the post.
“Panasonic has a great legacy of being the pioneers of innovation in every segment. Continuing with our legacy, we are now launching our innovative smart-phone which will redefine the Indian smart-phone consumer experience. India has always been one of our alpha markets in the region and I take great pride in introducing our smart-phone to India. We are confident that our product will provide the Indian consumer a great multimedia experience and the ‘best value for money’ proposition,” said Daizo Ito, President, Panasonic India.
Panasonic India also revealed that it has partnered with Jaina Marketing in India as the ‘Strategic Partner for Marketing, Distribution and Customer Support’ for their smartphone series.
Panasonic P51 key specifications
- 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 5-inch IPS Display with 1280x720p resolution
- 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 144mm (L) x 75mm (W) x 8.5mm (T) | 135 gm
- Dual SIM support, HSPA+
- 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS
- 8MP rear camera with auto focus and LED Flash, 1.3MP 720p front camera
- 2500mAh battery
- Available in Black and White colours