Samsung has sent out invites to the tech press in India that it is going to announce a new Galaxy-series smartphone in the country on May 28. The invite is clearly hinting at Galaxy Mega smartphone by stating the event as a ‘mega launch of newest Galaxy.‘
Now, we have learnt from a trusted source that Samsung is going to announce Galaxy Mega 5.8 duos tomorrow and it will be priced at INR 25,999. The phone will go on sale in the next few days.
The phone also comes with dual-SIM support, 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front camera and 1.5GB of RAM. Other features of the phone include 8GB of internal storage and microSD card slot.
The phone also packs several software customisations that were first introduced in Galaxy S4
The pricing seems decent for the features but it would be interesting see the uptake of the phone in the country – whether the consumers are ready to grab smartphones with such massive display sizes.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 duos key specifications
- HSPA+ 21/5.76
- 5.8-inch (147mm) QHD TFT display
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- dual-SIM support
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera
- Beauty Face, Best Photo, Best Face, Drama, Rich Tone (High Dynamic Range),
- Sound & Shot, Sports, Continuous shot
- Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games
- Story Album, S Translator, Multi Window, Pop Up Play
- Samsung ChatON, Samsung WatchON
- Samsung Link, S Travel (TripAdvisor), S Voice 2.0
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, BT 4.0(BLE), USB 2.0 H/S, GPS?GLONASS
- 8GB Internal Memory (microSD up to 64GB), 1.5GB RAM
- 162.6 x 82.4 x 9.0 mm, 182g
- 2,600 mAh battery
Update: The Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 launch has been confirmed on the official webcast page.