We finally know the pricing of Sony’s Xperia Tablet Z in India. The tablet, which started rolling out globally this week, has been priced at INR 44.990. As per pre-order listings on Flipkart and Infibeam.com, it will be available in the first week of June in the country.
The Xperia Tablet Z version on sale in the country comes with 16GB of internal storage and 3G connectivity. Other features of the tablet include 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z also packs a 10.1-inch 1920x1200p full HD display, Android 4.1 and 8.1MP rear camera.
The tablet might be the best possible Android tablet in the country right now, but we still believe the pricing is simply too much. The company is charging almost INR 17K incentive for 3G over the Wi-Fi version pricing of $499 in the US. Sony India has seriously lost it, we hope the company comes back to its senses and corrects the pricing in the next few days.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z key features
- 8.1 megapixels rear camera, 2.2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 172 x 266 x 6.9 mm, weighs 495 grams
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M quad-core processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
- 10.1 inches TFT display with 1920×1200 pixels resolution
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Glonass, GPS, HDMI via MHL support