Verizon has started rolling out a software update for Galaxy Note II users in the United States. The update is now available over-the-air (OTA). 246MB in size, this update brings many new features including support of multi-window in more apps.
The Android version is also getting bumped to Android 4.1.2 with this update.
Here are the update details: Baseband version I605VRAMC3, Kernel version 3.0.31-1098177 and Build number JZO54K.I605VRAMC3
Here are some of the key changes in this update. You can find a detailed update change-log later in the post. This software update also removes the Zappos app from the Note II smartphone.
- Access downloaded languages on the Samsung keyboard
- Use Multi Window support for more applications (YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps and Talk)
- Search or filter by Name in the dialer screen
- The snooze option in the Alarm Clock app is set to “ON” by default
- Added a Notification Panel editing menu under Display Settings
- Transfer content from your old device seamlessly with the Samsung Smart Switch application, now supported