Chrome for Android is all set to get several new features and you can check them out now as the part of latest beta release. Chrome for Android 30 beta brings ‘search by image’ (earlier available via extension on desktop), new gesture controls and several under the hood changes.
“With today’s Beta release of Chrome you can quickly discover all sorts of content related to an image by right-clicking on it, or by long pressing it on mobile devices, and selecting the option to search for it within your default search provider,” Google’s Jianning Ding noted in a blog post.
Coming to the new gesture controls, with the new release Google has made switching between tabs or opening menu even easier. Here are the new gestures:
- Swipe horizontally across the top toolbar to quickly switch tabs (this gesture replaces swiping from the edge of the screen)
- Drag vertically down from the toolbar to enter into the tab switcher view
- Drag down from the menu to open the menu and select the item you want without having to lift your finger.
Under the hood changes:
- WebGL in Chrome for Android for devices with high-end mobile GPUs
- Media Source Extension in Chrome for Android
- DeviceMotion Events in Chrome for Android
You can read more about these under the hood changes at the Chromium blog.