Digg launched its official Android app in Google Play on Thursday. The app not only includes posts from the homepage of Digg.com but also Digg RSS Reader. Like the web version, Digg Reader’s Android version is clean and minimal and follows Holo UI guidelines.
“This is our first Android release, and we’ll be updating and improving it steadily over the next few months. There are a few missing features we’re still testing such as a “Show Only Unread Items” view, text size and display mode options, and background updating. You’ll see those added shortly, along with other new and bewitching features,” Digg team noted in a blog post.
- Find and follow your favourite online publishers, writers, and bloggers
- Organize RSS feeds and other sources via folders. Quickly sort to see the most popular items across the social Internet
- Digg your favourite stories and share them via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, LinkedIn, email, and text
- Save stories to read later on Digg, Instapaper, and Pocket
- Sort your Digg Reader items by popularity to quickly see which of your items are the most talked-about on the social web.
Download Digg for Android from Google Play