Blackberry has finally announced that BlackBerry Messenger for Android will go live in Google Play on September 21 (Saturday), just a day later than what Samsung Mobile Nigeria said a few days ago.
As noted by BlackBerry earlier, BBM for Android will be free for all and can be used on any Android phone with version 4.0 or higher.
Here is a look at BlackBerry Messenger for Android features:
- Immediate conversations with friends on Android, iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones. Also, see if your message has been delivered and read, or whether your contact is responding to the message.
- Share files on your phone such as photos and voice notes, all in an instant.
- Multi-person chats with up to 30 friends, also share photos and schedules
- Broadcast Message, you can send a message out to all your BBM contacts at once.
- BBM lets you post a personal message, profile picture and your current status, and lets your contacts know instantly in Updates.
- BBM users have a unique PIN that maintains your privacy, so you don’t have to give out your phone number or email address to a new or casual contact.
“BBM is a very engaging messaging service that is simple to use, easy to personalize and has an immediacy that is necessary for mobile communications. With more than a billion Android, iOS, and BlackBerry smartphones in the market, and no dominant mobile instant messaging platform, this is absolutely the right time to bring BBM to Android and iPhone customers,” said Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President for BBM at BlackBerry in a recent press release.
In addition to Google Play, BBM for Android will also go live in Samsung Apps, as shared by Samsung in a press release few weeks ago.