Asus today announced the launch of a new Android tablet in the Indian market. Part of the company’s FonePad series, Asus FonePad 7 has been priced at INR 17,499 and will be available in the coming days.
Originally introduced in September this year, Asus FonePad 7 features Android 4.2, dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, 1GB of RAM, 3G and 7-inch 1280x800p display. This tablet also comes with voice-calling support, 5MP rear camera, 1.2MP front camera, and 3950 mAh battery.
In addition, Asus FonePad 7 packs 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot and dual -front speakers with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology on the device.
The tablet will be competing with Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3 3G and Nexus 7 3G tablets in the country.
Asus FonePad 7 key specifications
- Android 4.2
- 7-inch 1280x800p IPS display
- Intel Atom Z2560 Dual-Core, 1.6 GHz
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB storage, microSD card slot
- HSPA+ UL: 5.76 Mbps/ DL: 42 Mbps
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth V3.0, AGPS & GLONASS
- 1.2MP front camera, 5MP rear camera
- Stereo Speakers with SonicMaster technology
- 1 x Micro USB, 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in), 1 x Micro SIM*4
- G-Sensor, E-compass, Proximity & Light sensor, Hall sensor
- Dimensions: 196.6 x 196.8 x 10.5 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 328 g