A day ahead of the expected announcement, HTC has made One max smartphone official. The smartphone, which is the first smartphone from the Taiwanese manufacturer with over 5-inch display, comes with a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device.
Keeping the design language of HTC One and One Mini, HTC One max features a 5.9-inch full HD display, 16GB/ 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor. The phone runs on Android 4.3 and comes with 4MP Ultrapixel camera, 2MP front camera, 2GB of RAM and 50GB of free Google Drive space.
The company is also introducing Sense 5.5 with One max, it is a upgraded version of Sense 5.0, which was released alongside HTC One earlier this year. HTC Sense 5.5 comes with various tweaks including the ability to turn off Blinkfeed, several changes in Blinkfeed including support for content from Google+, revamped Gallery, updated video highlights and several other changes.
According to HTC, One max will be available in the UK beginning later this week. Vodafone UK will be the first telecom operator to get the phone. Other European and Asian markets will soon be getting the phone.
HTC One max will also be coming to Sprint and Verizon in the United States in time for holidays.
HTC One Max key specifications
- Size: 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm, 217g
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD 1080p
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, 1.7GHz quad-core CPU
- Android 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.5, HTC BlinkFeed
- Storage: 16/32GBwith microSD expandability (up to 64GB supported, card not included)
- Available storage: Approx. 10GB available on 16GB version, 25GB on 32GB version
- RAM: 2GB
- Sensors: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, DLNA, micro-USB 2.0 (5Dpin) port with mobile high Ddefinition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
- HTC BoomSound Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Sense Voice
- UltraPixel Camera with BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3″, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- 2.1 MP front camera with 88° wide angle lens with HDR capability
- 3300mAh battery