Update: PopCap Games, a division of EA, has now officially released Plants vs Zombies 2 for worldwide Android users via Google Play. You can now download the game using the links given at the end of the post.
Earlier: PopCap Games, a division of EA, has launched the much-awaited successor to Plants vs. Zombies in Google Play today but it is only available for Australia and New Zealand Android users right now. Simply dubbed as Plants vs. Zombies 2, the game can now be freely downloaded by the folks in the previously mentioned two countries; however it is coming to the rest of world soon.
According to Ausdroid, EA told them that the full global release of Plants vs. Zombies 2 for Android will happen shortly.
If you are a fan of original Plants vs. Zombies, there is plenty for you to like in version 2, take a look at some of new stuff that is part of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Meet powerful new plants that will defend your lawn through time
- Go toe-to-missing-toe with dozens of new zombies
- Supercharge your floral friends with healthy doses of Plant Food
- Fire up amazing Finger Powers to pinch, flick and zap zombies
- Defeat brain-teasing challenges that will test your zombie-zapping skills
- Gather keys to play valuable side missions
- Collect coins to purchase potent power-ups
- Earn stars to take you to new worlds
- Connect to Game Services to unlock achievements and compete against friends on the leaderboards
- Zombie chickens!