Samsung USA has announced that it is starting the premium suite software update roll-out for Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy S III smartphones, which will bring Galaxy Gear support among many changes. The Verizon Galaxy S4 is the first smartphone variant to get the update as it released over-the-air late-Monday.
According to Samsung, in addition to the Galaxy Gear compatibility, Samsung’s premium suite software update will bring Android 4.3 and additional features to these smartphones. Samsung Galaxy S III in particular will be getting Easy Mode, Multi Window, advanced camera options, and more.
The company has also revealed that Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy Mega will also receive an update in the coming months to be compatible with Galaxy Gear, like the international version.
Coming to Verizon Galaxy S4 update, you can find the full change-log below.
- Blocking Mode feature in Settings Menu
- Enabling NFC feature before using Group Play
- Samsung Knox, Security Enhanced for Android
- OS has been upgraded to Android Jellybean 4.3 OS
- Starter Mode renamed to Easy Mode
- Viewdini stub application has been removed (note: customers who already downloaded the full application will not lose it)
- Improved Weatherbug application “auto-refresh”
- Mobile Hotspot now works with the Data Usage Meter
- Video app crashing has been resolved
- Call audio issue while on a call and taking a picture have been addressed
Wondering about when your Galaxy S3, S4 or Note II will get this update. Check out this leaked time-table (