DreamWorks Animation, best known for its animated movies Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar and more, is branching out in tablet development with the introduction of its DreamTab, which has been built in partnership with
Designed from ground-up for children, the new DreamTab will be showcased at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show at Las Vegas. According to a press release issued by Fuhu, this tablet packs the best of both the companies – Fuhu’s expertise in the kids tech space and DreamWorks Animation’s world-class artists, filmmakers and innovators.
“As we look to further innovate the kids tech space and expand our mission to give families the freedom to safely learn, play and grow through technology, it’s crucial that we continue to identify new ways to evolve the landscape and bring original and creative experiences. This strategic alliance with DreamWorks Animation and the creation of the DreamTab is a major game changer in taking kids tech to a whole new level,” said Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu.
Here is a look at DreamTab features
- Advanced parental controls
- COPPA-compliant / kid safe e-mail, text and photo sharing capability
- “Be an Artist” program, which gives kids one-on-one video lessons with DreamWorks animators.
- NFC (near field communication) gaming
- Custom built “nabi Play” featuring the widest variety of kids programming
- Curated App Zone and Treasure Box includes apps, games, music, movies, videos, e-books
- Constantly refreshed with new DreamWorks Animation experiences / content
- Android 4.4 with Fuhu’s OS overlay
- To be released in 8-inch and 12-inch display sizes with Full HD resolution
- Stylus support
- 16GB and 32GB internal storage
Final pricing is unclear right now but the tablet is expected to be priced under $300. The tablet will go on this spring.
Source: Press Release