Moto G India debut delayed until January-end

Moto G India launch delayMotorola seems to have delayed the India release of Moto G smartphone until the later part of this month. The company noted this in the replies to several prospective Moto G buyers on its Facebook. Earlier said to be coming in early-January, Moto G’s delay in the arrival is certainly a disappointment for many, who are eagerly waiting for the smartphone in India.

We are still waiting for the fixed final release date and it seems because of almost negligible presence left in India, Motorola/ Google are struggling with getting relevant tie-ups needed to release a smartphone in Indian market. It is very important for the company to have proper sales and service partnerships before launching the phone in the country and we think the same is causing this delay.

To remind you, Motorola will be releasing both single-SIM and dual-SIM versions of the phone in the country. The phone is expected to be priced starting INR 13-14,000.

Thanks for the tip Venkatraman

67 thoughts on “Moto G India debut delayed until January-end

Kiran

(January 19, 2014 - 4:23 pm)

-Moto G, is finally coming to the region as the company has panned the official launch here in Dubai on January 20.

-dual-SIM Moto G 8GB has landed Australia.price varies from 243 / 247AUD

-Moto G will be available at national retailers from 21st January 2014 for the exceptional price of 299 NZD ( New Zealand )

SN

(January 19, 2014 - 4:00 pm)

What about the after sales service? Motorola should release list of authorized service centers along with (or even before) the launch !!

Kiran

(January 19, 2014 - 4:43 pm)

Check the Motorola India website Btw Support by third party service network

Kiran

(January 16, 2014 - 10:30 am)

Its look like flipkart started selling Moto G cases :- “Motorola Moto G XT1032 Cases | Amzer”

Bob Ramirez

(January 16, 2014 - 11:02 am)

Cool. I believe Flipkart will be the initial Motorola partner for selling the Moto G.
      The Moto G (Google Play Edition) has gone on sale yesterday in the US. I wonder how long we will have to wait for that to come to India.

MyMotoG

(January 15, 2014 - 12:53 pm)

Motorola’s vice prez, steve sinclair confirms officially that MOTO G will hit in INDIAN stores in last week of JAN.. that will end our wait to bag that beauty… 🙂 🙂 🙂

aVenger

(February 3, 2014 - 7:11 pm)

ohh ohk .. so i guess since its well past the last week of jan, m assuming you must already be holding ur motoG in your hands rit now..

Sankar Lingam

(January 15, 2014 - 2:49 am)

When you look at their pricing range of apple products, it surely not suitable fot all economical peoples. They invent something new in the mobility and earn a lot. The middle class people only imagine about its willingness and awesomeness. But, now everybody can use gps, mailings. It’s all because android. I don’t know it’s good or bad. But you can.

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 14, 2014 - 2:51 pm)

Another good news(maybe):
    Apple is going to launch iPhone4 8 GB at 15K in india.
    They will launch it during Republic Day week, to take advantage of sales bump.
    Hurry up Motorola RIVALS ARE COMMINGGGGG!!!

Anon

(January 14, 2014 - 4:21 pm)

You do realize that there will be no more updates to iPhone4 in the future?. And with iOS7 it really stutters around. So, i dont see why you will go for a iPhone4 when you can do so much more. But the again this will do nothing to sway the Apple crowd.

lakshay

(January 16, 2014 - 9:16 pm)

yaaa moto rivals are coming it so shocking that a phone worth 30-40k when it was launched and in 1 or 2 weeks its gonna be 15k :O

Kiran

(January 14, 2014 - 10:07 am)

New update from “@Motorola Moto G will launch in India; no date set at this time. Stay tuned for more updates! “

Bob Ramirez

(January 14, 2014 - 10:50 am)

This could be related to Motorola’s big press announcement in the UK today. The announcement will probably be related to their global release of the Moto X, and could also be about the release schedule of the Moto G. I’m so tired of waiting.

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 14, 2014 - 2:26 pm)

Its 24th January!!!

Sankar Lingam

(January 14, 2014 - 2:34 pm)

How do you know ? Any guess ?

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 14, 2014 - 2:47 pm)

They are going to enter into Malaysia(Asian Market) on 24th

Sankar Lingam

(January 13, 2014 - 2:38 pm)

HELLO , MOTO if you release this phone under 15k, it will be a hit

Sankar Lingam

(January 13, 2014 - 2:26 pm)

Hello, moto. I AM eagerly waiting for this device. I liked to buy q700i. When, I saw this phone in net, My opinion changed. Please, moto release this phone quickly. You have to release it equal to the us price. If you increase the price above 15k, surely it will be flop. Small manufacturers now release their mobiles with FHD display, 1GB ram QUAD CORE processers under 15k. NEITHER hit or not it’s all your hand.

Kiran

(January 13, 2014 - 3:00 pm)

tweet to @Motorola more tweet more they realized …..

Pratik Bothra

(January 12, 2014 - 7:54 pm)

I want to gift this phone to a person on her birthday, on Jan 27….I wonder if it will make it by then.

lakshay

(January 11, 2014 - 9:14 pm)

fast motorola plzzzzzzzzzz

Vinay

(January 10, 2014 - 3:28 pm)

I am using Moto G from last ten days. Earlier I had Optimus 2x, I really love this phone. I got it shipped from US and I had to pay 3K extra. So, I have this phone for 15k. Worth every penny… I am sure its worth wait than all the galaxy and Optimus crap

lakshay

(January 10, 2014 - 9:36 pm)

from where did you ordered the moto g

Vinay

(January 10, 2014 - 9:43 pm)

I ordered it from US – Amazon – You can’t do that directly. I had to ship to US address and from there to India address. I checked e-bay india and you can buy it for 16500

lakshay

(January 11, 2014 - 9:12 pm)

ok thanks

Jayesh Meher

(January 9, 2014 - 12:21 pm)

When its available in INDIA & I want to kwno its Confi.

thenub

(January 9, 2014 - 9:05 am)

They must be busy adding NSA’s spy chips. 😉

Ashish Ashok Nashikkar

(January 8, 2014 - 11:20 pm)

Earlier, I was very excited to buy moto g, now they r fucking gonna raise the price since the demand, and we Indians r ready to buy any stuff. I am not interested any more, sorry moto, would rather go with the plasticky Samsung.

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 8, 2014 - 11:48 pm)

Truly speaking this will be good device even upto 20k, no any sammy’s device is better than this. You will not get new updates nor d buttery smooth pure android experience.

But yeah, motorola is doing very bad job by not launching d device. :-(((

Kiran

(January 9, 2014 - 9:28 pm)

So …. what 20K??

price range between Moto G and N4/5 will be

N4 is 4000/- & N5 9000/-

Google Nexus 4 Black price at Rs. 23974/- FlipKart & Nexus 5 (16GB, Black) 28888/-

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 10, 2014 - 12:01 am)

Ya dats y I said upto 20K 🙂

Oh and it is better to buy Moto G than any plasticky Shit(Samsung) in this range!

Finally, its my personal opinion.
          Cheers! 🙂

Guest

(January 8, 2014 - 11:19 pm)

Earlier, I was very excited to buy moto g, now they r fucking gonna raise the raise the price since the demand, and we Indians r ready to buy any stuff. I am not interested any more, sorry moto, would rather go with the plasticky Samsung.

veena

(January 8, 2014 - 11:04 pm)

moto x release in india?

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 8, 2014 - 11:43 pm)

who told u dat??

G-Droid

(January 8, 2014 - 9:41 pm)

Moto G !!

Paisa ready hai Maal bhejo bass ::::::::::::::

Surbhi

(January 8, 2014 - 10:55 am)

I was waiting for this phone and demanded as my birthday gift … but due to its late release now won’t buy it, extremely disappointed.

Mr.Frank

(January 8, 2014 - 7:08 am)

I just hope this doesn’t turn into something like this

Me – When is Moto G coming to India ?”
    Motorola – Moto G will be available in India later this century,stay tuned for more details!

Hurry up, Moto 😛

VK

(January 7, 2014 - 9:48 pm)

Using Motorola Defy for 3 years and now waiting for Moto G.

Mahesh

(January 7, 2014 - 9:38 pm)

When is moto g coming to india ?????

sha641

(January 7, 2014 - 5:09 pm)

hi,
    Is this phone really durable ? Will it survive small falls/hits?

Guest

(January 7, 2014 - 1:53 pm)

Buying from from Amazon.com to India possible?? Customs duty any !dea!

neeraj j

(January 7, 2014 - 3:33 am)

Phones lose 25% of MRP over a period of one year. So a phone which was selling brand new at 20k a year back will be available for 15k brand new now. Moto G was launched 3 months back @$179. So by rough calculation it has already lost $11 of its value. Any further delay and it will lose its main USP which is price . Competition will catch up and then it will be another phone in a crowded market.

Gokul

(January 7, 2014 - 8:16 pm)

manufacturing cost of this phone is said to be $123, so I don’t think so it will have such a huge depreciation & Motorola wants to crash the market with this launch! Apple had this opportunity with 5s but was a big flop. Hope Motorola does it with Moto X & Moto G……..before re-entry to India, they need to set a proper retail & service distribution otherwise it will fail!

neeraj j

(January 7, 2014 - 8:33 pm)

Agree with you overall but in the Indian context if the launch is delayed its usp that of almost top end hardware at middle end price will fail because other vendors will move in especially Samsung which is very nimble. I myself want to buy 2 pcs of Moto G but aftwr waiting for a month I will now start looking at other options and I believe I can find a few options within a few Thousand of suggested price of Moto G.

Bob Ramirez

(January 8, 2014 - 2:30 pm)

If you don’t mind, could you please share what you think would be good alternatives. I’m tired of waiting too, and also believe that the competition will catch up quickly, but I’m overwhelmed by the choices.

neeraj j

(January 8, 2014 - 10:46 pm)

The thing is that these abundance of choice is the problem. With Moto G I would have been assured to get a top end mobile from a top-tier brand at a reasonable price. I wouldn’t have the need to apply my mind.

Bob Ramirez

(January 9, 2014 - 12:16 am)

Neeraj, those are my thoughts exactly. I am trying to avoid going with a second tier company, but I’m so tired of waiting. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait much longer. If you have any thoughts on an good alternatives in this price range, I’d greatly appreciate your input.

Gokul

(January 8, 2014 - 5:59 pm)

after seeing moto g specs….I’m not able to see much options in that range, let me also know what are the other models!

V for Valour

(January 6, 2014 - 8:32 pm)

Its like waiting for job confirmation call… m getting impatient..

MyMOTOG

(January 6, 2014 - 7:50 pm)

.is motorola going to launch MOTO G in both single sim and dual sim version in INDIA…..?????? i desperately need single sim version… based on what source do u say that moto g is also going to be released in single sim version….?

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 6, 2014 - 8:05 pm)

maybe
      8GB

MOTO G FANBOY

(January 6, 2014 - 4:26 pm)

Now I’m becoming impatient >:-(
    Almost 50% share of android is India and you left us last! Still saying later. You have given KitKat upgrade to US ahead of shedule. But even failed to Launch device in India in time!

Waiting for this device from almost 1 Nov(when rumors started spreading-Say Namaste)
    :(((

yashwanth

(January 6, 2014 - 3:30 pm)

Moto G-16GB is available in ebay.in with Global GSM facility for the lowest price of 16999. Not sure it will be less than this price if it actually gets released in India.

Sat

(January 6, 2014 - 2:18 pm)

Nowhere you coud find such an excellent spec and price. Its a mistry for me that why other Jaint companies are selling identical phone with slightly different changes in the size and specs that too with hefty price tag?

Nevertheless Moto G is wud be a huge hit if its released at
    10-11K 8 GB version. Maybe Motorola is taking time to release Moto g with Kit
    kat version right in the box?

Nitinkumar Chobhe

(January 6, 2014 - 3:16 pm)

No way Motorola will sell their handsets at a price lower than US. In US, they are selling 8GB model for Rs 11200. So it would not be less than Rs 13000 in India. 16 GB would be around 16K.

Deepak Ahuja

(January 6, 2014 - 10:45 am)

Hi please confirm the release date as am in way of buying a new phone,zero down on Iphone 4 and Moto g but will prefer the Moto g .

Rameshtgo

(January 6, 2014 - 12:43 am)

This is going to be a BBM like fiasco

Rohit Palit

(January 5, 2014 - 11:28 pm)

I don’t really think ‘later this month’ means January-end. Like we often say, “later today” or “later this week”. Doesn’t certainly mean “end of today” or “end of this week”, it just means, “Not NOW, but sometime later”.

Zeus

(January 7, 2014 - 6:34 pm)

In the recent replies , it clearly says “End of the month”!

Sara

(January 5, 2014 - 11:03 pm)

Eagerly looking forward to this phone. Lost my phone recently and I am not prepared to shell out 20K + for good smartphone and hence waiting for moto g makes some sense. Using a cheap nokia at the moment though : )

sam

(January 5, 2014 - 10:01 pm)

A company that left Asia Pacific launching a budget mobile in India where mobiles doesn’t sell unless companies pour millions in ads getting this kind of warm welcome. Absolutely insane and rather unheard of. This shows (some) people still value quality over gimmicky features. Welcome back Motorola.
    Now only if they price it close to that of US market, my money is ready.

lakshay

(January 5, 2014 - 8:57 pm)

planning to buy this month end 😀

lakshay

(January 5, 2014 - 8:56 pm)

any approx price of moto g

sivaramareddy

(January 5, 2014 - 4:54 pm)

Planning to buy Moto G this pongal…..I strongly regret delay in its launch.
    What can i do rather waiting for it????
    Lets wait and see how long it takes……………………………………………………

Azhar Munshi

(January 11, 2014 - 2:19 pm)

kindly
      update wheather moto is interested launching or not just making to wait
      customer from india which is most important & mass market for
      mobile

Umer Farooq

(January 5, 2014 - 3:41 pm)

oh 🙁 i am also eager to buy it,, Since it comes with the latest android kitkat. May be that is y its launch in India was delayed. i thought it will be available in first week of january,. The shopping website Shopyourworld.com sells 16 Gb Moto G at Rs. 17089.