Toshiba is entering the wearables arena with the launch of its Move Band fitness activity tracker with Japanese telecom operator NTT Docomo today. Now available in Japan, Toshiba Move Band has been priced at 9576 Yen ($95).
Like most activity trackers, Toshiba Move Band integrates Bluetooth 4.0 LE and synchronizes with a smartphone app called WM, which is available via Google Play (and Appstore for iOS users). The tracker can record the numbers of steps taken, distance travelled, calories burned, sleep time and more.
It is waterproof and is being released in light green and navy black colours. It will work with most Android smartphones running Android 4.1, the full list of compatible phones is listed here.
“The wearable device market is expanding rapidly. Toshiba will continue to promote development work to secure a continuing lead in various types of sensors, data processing and cloud connectivity,” Toshiba noted in a press release.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor
- Communication: Bluetooth® 3.0 / 4.0 (Class 2)
- Battery life: 4 to 5 days
- Size – Largest wrist size(strap buckle): Approx. 200mm, Smallest wrist size: Approx. 145mm
- Charge Method: USB charging through dedicated attachment
- Weight: Approx. 22 g