Chinese smartphone maker Huawei has unveiled a new Android smartphone in the German market recently. Part of the company’s Ascend line-up, the smartphone is dubbed as Huawei Ascend Y530. Like other Y-series phones, Y530 is also a budget phone and will be priced at just 149 euros without contract.
According to a press release issued by the company, Huawei Ascend Y530 features 4.5-inch display, Android 4.3 and 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 processor. The phone also packs 5MP rear camera, front camera, and 1750 mAh battery. In addition, Huawei has included HSPA+ support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microSD card on the smartphone.
It will go on sale next month in Black and White colour options. There is no word on the available in other markets right now.
As per the recent research reports, Huawei has continued to increase its smartphone market share. The company shipped around 16.6 million smartphone last year, which is up 5 percent from 2012, however it is going face more competition from Lenovo now as the company is acquiring Motorola, which is likely to give it a leg up in tbe Americas.
Huawei Ascend Y530 key specifications
- Android 4.3 with Emotion UI
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8210 processor with Adreno 203 GPU
- Dimensions and weight: 132.5 x 67 x 9.3 mm, 145 g
- 4.5-inch FWVGA (854x480pixels) LCD
- RAM: 512 MB, ROM: 4GB, microSD card slot
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- 5MP rear camera with auto focus, front camera
- 1750 mAh battery
- FM Radio, GPS / A-GPS