Samsung Galaxy S4 getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in India

Samsung Galaxy S4 India KitKat updateSamsung India has started rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S4 smartphone in the Indian market. It is the Exynos-version update, which is same as Russia, which was the first country to get KitKat on S4.

The update is 353.59 MB in size and is available both over-the-air (OTA) and via Kies application. You will automatically get a notification about the update on your phone, however you can also manually look for the update by going to Settings > More > About Device > Software update on S4.

The update brings KitKat specific goodies like Immersive mode, performance enhancements, and cloud-print support as well Touchwiz specific changes like launcher settings menu, improved UI and stability, camera icon on lock-screen and album art on lock-screen during music playback and more.

It is important to point out here that software updates are released in batches, so if you don’t see the update on your Galaxy S4, worry not, it will reach your phone in the next couple of days.

If you have already installed the update, do let us know about the experience in comments.

Via: XDA

15 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy S4 getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in India

Fev

(May 23, 2014 - 8:53 pm)

I tried updating my s4 to 4.3.2. But it says the latest updated have already been installed. But some have already installed 4.4.2. I tried manually by going to setting and clicking check for updated and by using kies as well. But none work out. What will be the problem? Pls do help me out with this.

Cheers, Dev

anish

(April 2, 2014 - 3:02 pm)

I just got the updates OTA in Bangalore, working fine til now lets see how it goes. but only glitch i ve noticed is some game apps are not displaying the icons instead it just shows the game name & says is in SD card, and reduced processing speed.

Rohit

(March 10, 2014 - 6:42 pm)

when I check for update it shows latest updates are already installed whereas I still have 4.3
    why is this happening

Sukku George

(February 26, 2014 - 1:01 am)

Will any one tell whatz the problem…

Sukku George

(February 26, 2014 - 1:00 am)

I got update first on ota…I didnt download that…but after some time I checked updates to download… it is showing that “latest updates have already been installed…when I checked through kies3.. it is showing latest update to install…but it not downloading…kies3 is getting freeze every time…

game

(March 1, 2014 - 12:13 am)

Yep same problem for me….

Ronak

(March 26, 2014 - 5:47 pm)

Solved this problem ??

Aashi

(February 25, 2014 - 9:29 pm)

Issue with flash notification as it gets turned off automatically

Abhishek

(February 25, 2014 - 7:33 pm)

I have updated my galaxy s4 and I am facing many problems like smart pause ,stay is not working well, and the battery life is betting fast,phone start freezing.

Sam

(February 25, 2014 - 2:59 pm)

Updated just now.. seems to have an issue.. its not charging via USB.. anyone facing this issue?

Rishabh Rekhi

(February 25, 2014 - 2:57 pm)

I updated my phone using the Russian version. Works well. I noticed a tilt feature which was not there before (I guess). The phone automatically changes to landscape/portrait detecting your face position using the front camera. I want to install the India version now. There is some bloatware in Russian version.

Jo

(February 25, 2014 - 12:01 pm)

Updated to 4.4.2. Had disabled Google Play Services on the earlier ver 4.3. After the update I continued with the disabled Google play Services. But now Gmail does not work. It asks for google Play services to be enabled.

Rahul

(February 25, 2014 - 9:43 am)

No update in Bangalore so far!!

Jo

(February 25, 2014 - 12:02 pm)

Try Kies 3.0. I got the update yesterday

Rahul

(February 25, 2014 - 5:20 pm)

I just got the OTA update!!