Samsung has announced that it has started rolling out a new software update for Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit devices in the United States. The update has been live in select countries over the last few days.
According to the company, the update brings a number of improvements to these wearable devices including better pedometer functionality. You can check out the full change-log below
- Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
- Higher pedometer goals
- An easier pedometer data transfer process
- Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
- Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
- More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
Samsung states that your paired Galaxy device will automatically get a notification about the update once your wearable is ready to be updated. As per reports, the update is small in size and shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to complete.