Moto G (2nd Gen) getting first software update in India

Motorola Moto G 2nd-genMotorola has started rolling out the first software update for the new Moto G smartphone in the Indian market. The update is now available over-the-air and will reach all Moto G (2nd Gen) smartphones over the coming days. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Software update.

120MB in size, the update is a minor one and only major visual change is the presence of Google Now Launcher as the default launcher for the phone. Rest of the update is pretty much bug-fixes. Official change-log is available here.

If you have already updated your phone, do let know about the experience in comments.

To remind you, Moto G (2nd Gen) went on the sale in the Indian market earlier this month and is available for INR 12,999 exclusively at Flipkart.com. The phone features a 5-inch HD display, quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera and Android 4.4.4.

Thanks Ishan for the tip

72 thoughts on “Moto G (2nd Gen) getting first software update in India

rajeesh

(February 12, 2015 - 9:40 pm)

I have moto g2 mobile .the lollipop software update has been paused at 8% and it not loading the update..can any one give solution..

gaurav

(February 4, 2015 - 11:55 pm)

Hey if I install the new system software lollipop setting in my moto G is my data erased?

zah

(February 4, 2015 - 11:44 pm)

I got the lollipop update for my moto g2
    Its awesome
    ???

Harsh Chordia

(January 27, 2015 - 5:30 pm)

im facing this problem
    thanx

raghu

(January 24, 2015 - 10:44 pm)

iam unable to update my moto g2 .in pc or in my mobile … 🙁

raghu

(January 24, 2015 - 10:45 pm)

in my PC says same .there is no update for ur mobile

Ahmed

(January 13, 2015 - 7:55 pm)

Got updated my moto G 2Gen facing issue with aaps menu wall paper plz help n unable to remove this white background

Kaushik

(January 17, 2015 - 6:15 pm)

Go to settings –apps –all– and uninstall Google app updates this will resolve the problem

jyotsna

(February 9, 2015 - 4:08 pm)

I’m not able to find Uninstall google app update option. what to do

Retan

(March 4, 2015 - 11:19 am)

moto g2 has by default launcher on the device for the the same white back ground will be black.

However, for the moto g in order to get white back ground we request you to download the ” google launcher” on the device.

Also inform you that, in order to get the transparent back ground on the both device’s G an G2, we request you to download the nova launcher on the device’s.

If the moto g2 handsets are contain the any launchers on the device then it’s back ground will be changed to black ground only.

prat

(January 31, 2015 - 12:04 pm)

Same issue wid me

jyotsna

(February 9, 2015 - 3:57 pm)

i’m facing the same problem n it has become very very slow pls help me undo this update

Sumith Mohanan

(January 6, 2015 - 1:47 pm)

I recently bought moto g second gen. Iam facing a problem that the network is very slow.i can’ t connect to the browser,playstore…page loading taking too much time…please give me a solution

mini

(January 22, 2015 - 11:52 am)

I,m also facing the same problem

pulak

(December 14, 2014 - 10:06 pm)

I hv jst bought a moto g 2nd gn..bt I cnt accss my file manager..it dsnt show in menu list.nd accessing Internet also dsnt going well ..evrytym I hv off nd off the net to snd ne msg via whysapp

renlilica

(December 5, 2014 - 7:39 pm)

Sorry I meant rear camera

renlilica

(December 5, 2014 - 7:38 pm)

I can’t access my dear camera, does anyone know any solution?

puneet

(November 16, 2014 - 12:04 pm)

my motog2 is become due to that update

Selvaganesh

(November 16, 2014 - 3:26 am)

Does any one faced this issue ,System version shows as 21.11.14 and tried to update the System version to 21.11.23 but its shows as your system is up to date.

Please let me know are my device will have any issue for android’s Next update i.e. Lollipop.

Thanks you..

Hardik Patel

(November 6, 2014 - 2:54 pm)

this 120 MB update f*ckd up my phone! it does not start after update! i cannot even factory reset it by the method shown in a video on this forum! WTF!

rajesh

(October 27, 2014 - 1:39 pm)

Some times while Picking up my Phone sound is not hearing to me .it happens every time .it was fixed when i restart my Moto g 2nd gen ,but it will work for few hours ,but After Using my Phone like watching video on VLc beta version and temple run 2 or any apps i think it will repeat saqme issue.

Please help me to fix this issue ,and know about the root cause of that issue.
    evey time it is not possible to restart the device again and again.

is there any motorolla software to find out this issue after installing and sending report to motorolla for getting fixes.

Monish

(October 13, 2014 - 6:18 pm)

i recently bought the moto g (second gen). It has already come with this update. I have crosed chckd with the MOTOROLA website. However, I am still facing certain touchscreen bugs issues (only while charging). It is really irritating. Kindly help me.

Monish

(October 15, 2014 - 1:15 pm)

please help someone

Elison Niven

(October 16, 2014 - 6:07 pm)

It happens when your charger does not have proper earthing.

Monish

(October 17, 2014 - 11:48 am)

but the charger is a standard one..it is working fine on moto g (gen 1). And a two pin plug doesnt usually have an earthing coz the phone doesnt require that much of a voltage to charge. I dont remember a phone charger having an earthing..

The problem is that while charging if i touch one thing some other things gets touched.I open one app but due to problem some other app gets opened. And sometime the scren jus keeping on scrolling up and down

Ilayaraja V

(October 23, 2014 - 8:11 am)

I saw in Flipkart G2 user review, few people are reported this issue. you may get some solution from there. Do you have heating issue on this moto G2 latest version? My G2 is in 21.11.14 version, facing heating issue if I play HD video songs for more that 15 Mins. provide me your input… Thanks…

ARG

(October 10, 2014 - 11:33 am)

moto g2 bought on 4 oct.. nw aftr 5 days while taking pictures camera hangs dis happnd twice n flash was still on.. aftr reboot works fine !!what ll b d prob? n d software update is paused at 39mb.. may b dis ??
    plz help guys 🙁

Mukund

(October 12, 2014 - 2:16 am)

Don’t diss check your net

qutbuddin

(October 3, 2014 - 8:48 am)

The new update for moto g 2nd generation did not work well for me. Phone isnt willing to start and gets stuck at moto logo. Wht to do?

Subhash

(October 8, 2014 - 8:36 am)

The same is happening with my phone. How did you get it fixed?

R Pulickal

(October 9, 2014 - 8:30 pm)

Hi! This happened to me after installing that 120mb update. So, after my phone was stuck on the moto logo (a pool with ripples), I did a factory data reset and now its working just fine.

Use this video for help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoTAsuPey_E

And if on the recovery screen you see no options, press vol up+power button to get the fac data reset option.

Hope this helps!

Sajith

(November 5, 2014 - 9:33 pm)

This reboot also not working for me. After recovery in the video there shows few options. But in my mobile that is not appearing. Please do help us. TIA.

ram chowdary

(November 6, 2014 - 1:26 pm)

Same problem with me 🙁

Ankit kaJla

(November 15, 2014 - 10:50 am)

You switch on ur mobile and leave it ffor 3mint than call on ur phn,ur will see phn is ringing then go to setting by status bar setting option and then format ur phn,ur phn will work properly

Ankita

(October 3, 2014 - 7:57 am)

When I receive or make a call to someone or connected to net or start wifi on my mobile make a little noise like radio as if impedance is not matching.Is this problem with anyone ? How to sort out this problem

jerin george

(November 5, 2014 - 3:19 pm)

i too have the same issue, noise like radio and my phone gets heated up too while in call.!!

vignesh

(September 28, 2014 - 5:46 pm)

guys please provide me solution

Nishant

(September 28, 2014 - 7:11 pm)

1. Install Motorola device manager on pm let the drivers get installed and then open Motorola device manager it will detect device automatically and ask for update if this doesn’t work try second option and then again 1st one. If problem still persist try correct replacement.
      2. Try to do the factory reset By holding volume down button for 3 seconds and then press power button while holding volume down and release. After that there will be a menu volume down button for navigation and volume up for selection, power button is for exit

vignesh

(September 29, 2014 - 9:30 pm)

2 step i did but dint work i gave to authorized service center he told motherboard issue so i called flipkart people to replace mobile so he told some technician will me and troubleshoot if not possible replace the mobile.

Nishant

(September 30, 2014 - 9:38 am)

Tell them that it is a manufacturing defects they will replace faster, the moto g2 I’m using is third one after replacing twice. First had volume button problem, second had heating problem now I have perfect moto g with no problems

Ilayaraja V

(October 22, 2014 - 11:24 pm)

Hi, do u have 21.11.23 firmware on your third mobile? Is it pre installed while getting the phone from flipkart? You said no heating issue, are u not facing any heating issue if u play games for more than 15 Mins? Pls help me to solve my moto G heating issue. Thanks.

satya satya

(October 4, 2014 - 3:22 am)

did u got replacement

vignesh

(September 28, 2014 - 5:44 pm)

hello while updating my phone dint update properly now i m unable to go to home screen struck in moto logo when switched on what to do?

satya satya

(October 4, 2014 - 3:23 am)

what u did is problem solved

Subhash

(October 8, 2014 - 8:45 am)

How did you get it fixed?

Subhash

(October 8, 2014 - 8:43 am)

The same is happening with my phone. How did you get it fixed?

aditya

(September 28, 2014 - 11:08 am)

Please add resume button while downloading files on play store.

kaushik

(September 28, 2014 - 2:03 am)

updated apps include Google Now as well as Chrome (ver36). a few new entries as mentioned. i guess also a new Boot Services apps was delivered, but have to double check that.
    a few people are reporting some games that previously crashed now work fine but have to check if the more nasty bugs have been fixed. lucky to have a completely bug free experience till now.

Pavan

(September 27, 2014 - 10:20 pm)

Does gen 1 not getting the update?

kaushik

(September 28, 2014 - 2:04 am)

1st gen was a solid entry. no maintenance required 😉

Jovin Charles

(September 27, 2014 - 9:48 pm)

Will moto G 1st version get android L?

Prince Malik

(September 27, 2014 - 5:51 pm)

Updated last night . now some technical problem is solved .the update is good . but battery is not good pls do some thing.

skk

(October 7, 2014 - 10:47 am)

same issue

shafiq

(September 27, 2014 - 5:10 pm)

I updated my phone early morning.I see my phone to be little faster but not sure if heating problem would be resolved via this upgrade.

NARENDER

(September 27, 2014 - 4:14 pm)

MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING ..FUCK MOTOROLA FUCK GOOGLE

NARENDER

(September 27, 2014 - 4:14 pm)

FUCKED MY PHONE

dhruv

(September 27, 2014 - 3:58 pm)

I m downloaded and using google now launcher…before update…but now its pre installed….dudes. Its called google phone<3

Nishant

(September 27, 2014 - 3:50 pm)

Got couple of force close and gaming performance has increased ,now more faster system.Before this update ocassional touchscreen bug while charging was present but now it’s fixed

vardaan bhardwaj

(September 27, 2014 - 3:17 pm)

Any question regarding moto g2 just ask….

Palak Ariwala

(October 8, 2014 - 7:16 pm)

after updating OTG (pendrive) cable support or not?

Palak Ariwala

(October 8, 2014 - 7:17 pm)

before update otg works in it. plz so tell me about it?

vardaan bhardwaj

(September 27, 2014 - 2:44 pm)

Two more things I found that ,now their is also HDR mode in front 2 mega pixel camera… Good news is that now the battery back up is now 1 or 2 hours increases.
    So enjoy

ganesh

(September 27, 2014 - 3:01 pm)

really the backup increases?

vardaan bhardwaj

(September 27, 2014 - 3:12 pm)

Yes I have read in Moto site. Also in settings it does more battery than usual

shafiq

(September 27, 2014 - 5:11 pm)

Hi Vardaan r u faing heating issues while using 3G?

rajesh

(October 3, 2014 - 11:53 am)

vardaan bhardwaj

(September 27, 2014 - 5:44 pm)

No their is not any problem while using 3G but when I play game like Asphalt 8 it get very minute warm at camera place. But not a very big problem.If you play for like 1:30 hours then it will occur otherwise not any issue.

vardaan bhardwaj

(September 27, 2014 - 1:35 pm)

Update my very favourite moto g2 this morning at approx 8:30am .I found some minute changes like 3 or 4 new wallpapers, when long press at home screen with widgets and wallpapers their is now setting option., when you swipe home screen at left Google not launcher. I also feel that my phone is also perform much faster. But the biggest change in the Google play music app . before it doesn’t support my sennhiser cx180 as my laptop does but now it is awesome, and also first it doesn’t support ox in car nicely but I didn’t check it n now hope it would support perfectly now.
    Thanks for reading.

Siva

(September 27, 2014 - 1:24 pm)

No visible changes for the user. Google Now launcher is now making its way on the home screen (swipe left). A couple of more wallpapers, mostly all nexus 5 wallpapers are included

Joe_85

(September 27, 2014 - 11:32 am)

Updated my phone this morning. I personally doesn’t use Google now that much, so this update have no visible advantages for me.