Samsung on Wednesday announced the launch of Club Samsung 2.0 at a press event in Mumbai. It is the updated version of Samsung’s content store “Club Samsung,” which was unveiled alongside Galaxy Grand 2 in the country last year. Club Samsung 2.0 offers music, movies, videos & mobile TV at one place to the Samsung device owners.
According to Samsung, it has made a number of changes in the app including support for offline content.
“We have invested significant resources & efforts in ensuring that Club Samsung 2.0 delivers a world-class experience to our customers. Whether it’s the single hand operation or the ability to play online & offline content at one place, there are a lot of features that will excite our customers. We will continue our relentless focus on product innovation to further boost our leadership in the software & services domain,” said Tarun Malik, Director of Media Solutions Center-South West Asia, Samsung Electronics.
Club Samsung 2.0 features/ Change-log
- Availability of content across multiple languages (like Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi and Gujarati) with hundreds of Movies & Videos, thousands of Songs and Mobile TV with over 90 channels
- Improved Discovery feature
- Integrated Media Environment (IME) and unified powerful player for all offline and online content
- Synchronous browsing, social sharing, comments, recommendations & supports minimized version for both Audio and Video formats according to bandwidth.
- One hand operation support via jog dial shaped music player
Club Samsung 2.0 will be available as a download from Galaxy App Store beginning September 30 for 14 devices. The compatibility will further be extended to 33 devices in the next few months.