Asus has announced that it has started rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for Zenfone 4 smartphone. The update will most likely be first released in Taiwan, followed by South-Asian countries like India.
As soon as the update is available in your country, you will get a notification on your smartphone. You can also manually look for the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software update.
To remind you, Asus Zenfone 4 currently runs on Android 4.3 with Zen UI and the update will bring the KitKat goodness to the phone with features like updated Hangouts app support with SMS/ MMS integration, cloud print, enhanced performance, lock-screen tweaks and more. Check out the detailed change-log later in the report.
In related news, Asus also seems to have started releasing Android 4.4 for Zenfone 5 and 6 in Taiwan.
Update: Asus India has just sent out a press note stating that the KitKat update is now live in India and it should reach your phones in the coming days.
“Our users have been eagerly awaiting the android update and we are extremely elated to announce its upgradation at this time of the year. The Kitkat update and other additional interesting features will further redefine their experience with their Zenfones,” said Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India.
- Filter effects for videos, reply via call-in SIM card and auto selection of the right phone number via the call by the system.
- Full dual standby with two SIM cards and a special Do Not Disturb mode
- Customizable applications in Quick Tool Box
- Extended Easy Mode
- Extended ASUS ZenUI Launcher to display missed calls, unread e-mails and unread messages from VIP contacts
- Option to automatically enable Image Stabilization when hand shaking is detected
- Data Transfer for migrating from other phones
- FM Radio to get auto scan local radio stations, manual frequency input, added support for– Program Service & Radio Text of RDS
- Support for 24-hour format, User-adjustable widget transparency, Swipe to skip cards and Quick Action Button to what’s next notification.