Nokia-owned mapping company HERE has announced the launch of the beta version of its maps app for Samsung Galaxy smartphones today. The application is now available for free in Galaxy Apps store for the compatible devices like Galaxy S5.
According to HERE, the maps will work with all Samsung Android devices with Android 4.1 or above on-board as well as 1GB of RAM. Here is the direct link to the app.
To remind you, HERE maps offers all features that you can find in modern navigation app including offline maps as well as turn-by-turn navigation support. The features includes detailed maps, driving, walking and even public transport directions.
HERE for Android features
- Offline Navigation: Turn-by-turn drive or walk voice guidance without an internet connection
- Downloadable maps to use offline in around 100 navigable countries
- Public transport maps and directions for 766 cities in more than 40 countries available without an internet connection
- Live traffic information for more than 40 countries
- Pre-trip planning and discovery: Plan ahead on here.com then navigate with your mobile
- Personalise your map by saving your favourite places in Collections
- Location sharing with Glympse: private, secure and safe.
You can read detailed how-to-use guide on HERE blog. The HERE maps are expected to be available other Android devices in the coming months but exact release schedule is unclear.