Google has released a major update for its Hindi Input app in Google Play. The update brings a lots of changes and new features including the material design support. You can grab the updated version of the keyboard app from Google Play.
Coming to the new features, Google Hindi Input now supports typing in Hinglish, a Hindi keyboard for tablets and voice input. You can check out the full change-log below.
- New Material dark and light UI
- Hindi Handwriting support
- Voice Input support
- Hinglish Dictionary, which suggests Hinglish words when user types English / Hinglish
- Dynamic change of the consonant / vowel compound forms: In the Hindi keyboard, when user types a consonant, the vowels on the top row changes into the consonant / vowel compound forms
- Emoji keyboard
- New Hindi keyboard on tablet
- More accurate transliteration and Hindi candidate suggestions
To remind you, in addition to the Google Hindi Input app, Google’s normal keyboard app also supports typing in Hindi as well as other Indian languages like Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.