While most Nexus users await Android 5.0.1 to reach their devices, a report has appeared online suggesting that we might soon see Android 5.1. This upcoming Android version will reportedly include bug-fixes, select improvements and silent mode.
According to Android Pit, Google is planning to release Android 5.1 in the first quarter of the next year and it could arrive as soon as the end of February, 2015. There is no way to verify the authenticity of these claims, but considering the alleged change-log, the minor nature of this update makes the situation plausible.
Here is the alleged change-log shared by Android Pit
- Re-introduction of silent mode
- Improvements to system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for app crashes
- Improved battery management
- Fixes for multiple Wi-Fi issues
- Fixes for problems with OK Google
- Fixes for bugs with notifications
- Fix for sound-related bugs present in some devices
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the material design colour palette
No other details are available at this point, but we are actively tracking the story and will let you folks know if anything new pops up.