Google and its partners have started rolling out Android 5.0.2 update to Android Wear smartwatches . The first watches to get the update are Samsung Gear Live, Moto 360, Sony SmartWatch 3, LG G Watch and G Watch R.
The update is available over-the-air and you will automatically get the notification on your smartwatch, however you can also manually check for it by going to Settings > About > System updates. You should keep in mind that software updates are released in phases, so you might not see it rightaway.
There is no official change-log available, but the update is said to mainly include stability improvements, bug-fixes, updated version of Play Services, system optimizations, and fixes for Google Fit sync issues.
If you have already updated your Android Wear smartwatch, do let us know about the experience in comments.
How to update your Android Wear smartwatch?
- Your watch must be paired to a phone, which is in turn connected to the Internet
- Make sure the watch battery level is greater than 80 percent.
- After getting the update notification, select “Download”
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”
- Wait for the process to complete and your smartwatch to restart and you are done.