Continuing the roll-out of Android 5.0, Samsung and LG have released the latest Android version for few more smartphones and their variants. LG has rolled-out the Lollipop update for Sprint’s version of its G3 smartphone and Samsung has done the same for Galaxy Note 4 Snapdragon-variant in Germany and Note 3 LTE-version in several other markets.
Talking about the Sprint update first, the Android 5.0 update is now available over-the-air (OTA) for G3. You can check out the full change-log below.
- Material Design
- More efficient battery use
- Android TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service apps
Note 3 and Note 4 update
Coming to Samsung updates, both Note 4 Snapdragon version update in Germany and Note 3 LTE update in other markets are available via Samsung Kies app and can be expected over-the-air in the next few days. You can check for the OTA update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Software updates.