In its bid to add features that make it stand out from the crowd, Cyanogen today announced a tie-up with Boxer email app, which will now come pre-loaded in the Cyanogen OS devices as Cyanogen Email powered by Boxer.
According to Cyanogen, the new email client will reach the existing Cyanogen OS devices like Yu Yureka and OnePlus One as a part of the upcoming Cyanogen OS 12 update and the future devices including Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+ will have the app pre-loaded right out of the box.
“The level of customization with the Boxer-powered Email app gives users more choice and customization features when it comes to managing their email, tasks, and host of productivity features. Our partnership with Boxer brings a number of enhanced inbox features that our users will find very compelling,” said David Herman, VP of Product, Cyanogen Inc.
Boxer email app has been available in the Google Play store for quite some time now but hasn’t seen much uptake. The Cyanogen OS users however will get the full pro version of the app, which is only accessible to Google Play users as a part of the in-app purchases.
Here is a quick look at the Cyanogen Email powered by Boxer highlights:
- Fresh new look designed to match the Cyanogen OS 12
- Features like combined inbox, customizable controls, native support for Gmail labels, push notifications, and email conversation view.
- Set you own left and right swipe actions, notification sounds, account colors for LED email notifications, and create custom inbox folders.
- Create tasks, set a due date, priority level, and even set an assignee right from your inbox.
- Access popular productivity apps, including Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and others, right inside your inbox.