After rolling out Android 5.0 update for Xperia Z3 and Z2-series devices, Sony has now announced that it is bringing a new feature and bug-fixing update for these devices. This update will be available for Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 & Xperia Z2 Tablet.
The new update won’t bump the Android version, but will add the following features and fixes.
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- The “close-all-button” is back in the activity menu
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes and no longer offset by “silent”
- Fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode
As always, it is important to note here that the new update will be released region-wise and might take sometime to reach your Sony Xperia device. The software update will be released over-the-air and via Sony’s PC Companion and Bridge for Mac softwares.