Joining the likes of Anker, Panasonic and Mobvoi, Sony has announced a smart speaker with Google Assistant on-board. The Japanese electronics giant on Thursday showcased the new LF-S50G wireless speaker at IFA trade fair.
According to Sony, LF-S50G will go on sale beginning October with a price-tag of $199.99.
Sporting a design very similar to Apple’s HomePod, Sony’s LF-S50G can play music, answer queries and control smart home products using Google Assistant.
“Now you can get Sony’s awesome sound quality and design with the Google Assistant built-in. This functionality is another example of Sony’s commitment to customer choice by delivering new and innovative technologies,” said Mike Fasulo, President and COO of Sony Electronics.
Features & specifications
- 360 degree, vertical two-way facing speaker system
- Dedicated subwoofe
- Omnidirectional two stage diffuser
- Supports smartphone pairing via Bluetooth and NFC
- IPX3 splash-proof design with a water repellant surface
- Supports gesture controls to begin playing music, skipping tracks, or adjusting the volume