UK tech publication TechRadar is reporting that the upcoming Nexus 5 smartphone might begin shipping around October-end. With the recent rumours of mid-October launch, the end of October shipping lines-up nicely but then the report also says it is talking about the UK release.
Chances are UK will be a part of the first set of countries to get Nexus 5 but we can’t be certain as Google did not release Nexus 7 (2013) for quite sometime in UK.
“The Nexus 4 upgrade will also be “half the price” of the iPhone 5S, which should make the Nexus 5 price land around £275 ($473 AUS, $446 US) and in line with Google’s low-price high-performance smartphone policy,” Jay McGregor of Tech Radar wrote in a news report. The UK pricing of the phones is often close to Indian pricing, so we can expect the Nexus 5 to retail around INR 28,000 in India at launch, which seems quite decent.
There are no other new details but we know pretty much everything about the phone as the full set of Nexus 5 specifications has already been leaked online. Here is a recap.
- 5-inch display with 1920×1080p resolution
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.2MP front camera
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage
- 4G LTE/ 3G, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity, light, barometer and orientation sensor
- 2,300 mAh with wireless charging