HTC has introduced a new Desire-series smartphone today at a press event in Taiwan. Dubbed as Desire 700, the phone poses a strike resembelence to HTC One, however it features an all plastic body instead of aluminum in One.
HTC Desire 700 comes with 5-inch qHD display, 1GB of RAM, 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 quad-core processor, 8MP rear camera and Android 4.1. In addition, the phone packs dual-SIM support, 2.1MP front camera, 2100 mAh battery and the usual connectivity options.
On the software front, HTC seems to have included Sense 5.0 on the phone, which brings features like Blinkfeed, and Zoe.
The phone will be sold at NT$13,900 (US$470) when it launches on Chunghwa Telecom next month. There is no word on the global release right now.
HTC Desire 700 key specifications
- Android 4.1 with Sense 5.0
- 5-inch qHD display
- Dual-SIM support
- 1.2GHz Spreadtrum Shark quad-core processor
- 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, GPS,
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 2.1MP front camera
- 2100 mAh battery